Saturday, May 10, 2008

Movie post (part 1)

Movies I love - not in order of preference, but vaguely categorized.

Foreign films - Cold Comfort Farm (awesome movie, I recommend it to everybody, one of the few book-to-movie adaptations that really does the book justice, to me), Amelie, Room with a View, Monsoon Wedding, Much Ado About Nothing, Wallace and Gromit, and Flushed Away.

Superhero movies - X-men (that's a lot of classically trained Shakespearean actors hamming it up there), Spiderman 2 (Dr. Octopus is a tragic hero, I tell you, at least when he's played by Alfred Molina), and the new Iron Man (or maybe I just adore Robert Downey Jr. in that movie. Talk about OOZING charisma, oh my God).

Stuff I have memorized since I watched it to death as a small child - Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Help! and Yellow Submarine (I also wanted to marry Ringo when I was very young, I thought he was very underappreciated).

Very random stuff that I happen to own - Sliding Doors, 10 Things I Hate About You, early Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein).

Musicals - more stuff I grew up with, pretty much always the Broadway cast version: Kismet, Kiss Me Kate, Singin' in the Rain, High Society, American in Paris, Silk Stockings (the musical version of Ninotchka, with Cyd Charisse in the Greta Garbo role - absolutely gorgeous), and I'm sure I forgot some more.

I'm sure there's more, but nobody would get anything if I did the movie quote meme. This way I just get to share.

No comments: