Monday, April 30, 2012

Update-y Goodness

Remember this picture?
 Its denizens have moved on to bigger and better things. 

Although from here it looks like flatter things it is really cushier ones, the angle is just bad. But the seams line up and it all looks like it was sewn on purpose. A minor triumph.
 This is what that corner now looks like. The giant loveseat has left us and now I just need a smaller lamp so that table is more efficient. The blanket and pillow will most likely live on top of that chair for the foreseeable future as it is the most comfortably-shaped chair ever but was ceded to us for its lack of upholstered cushiness. So someday it will get reupholstered, and until then, it will be lazily padded. But the room now feels several times larger.
 This is my newest acquisition from my favorite store. I had no idea they had art and I adore this print.
 Pardon the glare, I don't want to take it out of the plastic until I have a frame for it. The cardinal is adorable. Adoration abounds. 
 And we survived our belated Easter celebration relatively intact. Although the nephews will not be back until I can get their footprints off of my walls.
And the garden is looking respectable, but that's another post. So far, my purple pots are surviving. And my succulent hoard is expanding... 

3 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Looks great, Anne. I love the peacock pillo--and that corner is quite cheery. I had a nephew come to visit recently--I'm syll finding footprints in the oddest places. That succulent is on steroids.

Beth Stilborn said...

This is all wonderful!

Anne At Large said...

SO glad you approve, ladies! Alana, how is it that nephews end up with their dirty little feet everywhere?!