Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not much to say.

I have been sick. It has been very boring. I have been making brief outings to the library to pick up the junky Mercedes Lackey books that I owned in junior high but can't bear to pay for twice. Lots of sleep and junk reading and generally being comatose and drippy.

My next couple of days should be quiet, I am going to be able to work from home so that will be nice, I hate taking sick leave when I'm not having major surgery or something. I consider it a major win that I am currently drinking just tea instead of p.m. Theraflu. I have gotten zero things done other than a semi-miserable trip to Costco (when you don't have the card, you take the trips when you can get them).

If I feel ok by this weekend, my sister and I are going to go down to the Bay Area Friday night to see my grandmother again. She is, shall we say, less than perky. But for nearly 102 I can't blame her.

And conveniently enough, tomorrow night Matt has invited a friend over for dinner. He is trying to entice her into starting a band (his fourth?) and I am helping them find music. Funnily enough, it's all music I feel like everyone should know - what I consider to be Standards, and he keep saying, "That's great! I never would have thought of that!" every time I play him a song. And all I can think is, "Sheesh. Girl's got the voice to do torch songs and you don't know what she should be singing? Thank God I'm here." He has a habit of ending up in groups with shitty singers so I am SO encouraging this one.

2 comments:

drwende said...

By my count, Mercedes Lackey sick is several germs fewer than Anne McCaffrey sick. When you get Anne McCaffrey sick, it's time to call the doctor.

zooza said...

How miserable for you. Hop you get better soon.