Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weirdest Themed Double-Feature Ever (it's a quiz!), Plus Quote of my Week!

So we had a gratuitous double-feature night last night. Themes included brainwashing, governmental overthrow, and Angela Lansbury possibly being evil. You may guess one movie, but can you guess them both? They were made about seven years apart, and neither one of them is this one. I will post a real review (or two) later, I promise.

And Quote of the Week:
Having an updo done in Texas is like having your tires changed by a pit crew at the Indy 500.
From here.

P.S. does anyone else remember the Disney movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" in which Angela Lansbury plays a witch in WWII England? God I loved that movie as a kid.

Picture from here. She did not look like this in either movie, actually. That picture is ooooold. Love the hat, though.

2 comments:

thefarmersdaughter said...

bedknobs was my sons first "real" movie favorite. We didn't even know he could sit still for 2 hours until that movie!

Love the updo quote- as a Texas I can tell you it's right on....

Anonymous said...

bedknobs and broomsticks--we used to watch that over and over as kids. still love it!