Monday, August 9, 2010

Ooh! A Request!

A fellow tuba player and generally awesome chica has requested a personalized outfit post! She is a super-fabulous person and wants to look appropriately super and fabulous for her 10-year high school reunion. So I tried to put together some comfortable yet stylish options. The reunion is dinner at the Sonoma Chicken Coop, whose website claims that they do full formal dinners as well as casual events, so I gave her a couple of options.

First we have the slightly more casual option - Cheryl is about my size so I figured she didn't need any crazy high heels, we want her to be comfortable here! She is also very fair with very blond hair so I went for a nice soft color for the blouse. I also love her in patterns AND I love this skirt. I (optimistically) imagine it hangs less weirdly in real life.


Our second option is a little fancier but we're still going for comfort so nothing too short, tight or stiff. A nice soft lilac dress with some snazzy (but not too high) wedge heels to dress it up a bit. And a fun little print clutch because I always think that an impractically small bag makes things look fancier (Erik can carry your stuff in his pockets, anyways). And how gorgeous is that jewelry!

Also I am personally never without a cardigan (because apparently I am an old lady) but it can be cold inside a restaurant with the A/C cranking, so keep that in mind! I'd better start thinking about what I'm going to wear to my reunion... I hope this inspires you to be equally comfortable and adorably cute for your reunion, Cher!

Edit: and nothing is over $100! That took some work, people! I had to stay AWAY from the Anthropologie website (sigh).

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You are awesome! Very me :) I love them BOTH!