Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hoo Boy

I have been a bum this weekend but I will make up for it by getting out and being sociable today. I get to go to the touring Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast with my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and my completely princess-obsessed four-year-old niece. Can a four-year-old sit through an entire musical in a possibly stuffy and hot auditorium on a rainy Sunday afternoon? I guess we'll find out.

Also, any excuse to get dressed up. Boo yah. I wonder if I have an outfit that justifies my grandmother's pearls? I might have to go work on that. I wonder what my junior high tomboy self would think of me now? She'd probably be pissed at me for not figuring out how fun dressing up is years ago.


Now I know I could totally rock a shiny silver muumu. Partially because I think I am about a foot taller than the pixie in the picture.



Or I could rock my grandmother's best striped teapot. Also, I wouldn't need a raincoat!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Pearls go with anything. Just put them on.

Anne At Large said...

I think this needs to be my new mantra.