Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh There Will Be More Pictures Soon

But before that, a question. What is your favorite thing to do with lentils? Soup? Grain salad-type things? I have lentils that need using and am stymied by their existence. Or just uninspired. They make me think of split pea soup and bland green mushy things. But I know this is just my lack of imagination.

Last load of stuff comes tomorrow. This includes the barbecue, patio furniture and bicycles, but more excitingly, the rest of my kitchen stuff (I miss you, knives!), the loveseat, and the rest of the art. So there will be pictures, and they will include art on the walls! Right now they are too bare to photograph. Also the rest of my lamps are coming, so it won't be so darn dim.

6 comments:

thefarmersdaughter said...

I can't wait to see pictures! As for lenils, I haven't had any since I was in school- our cook made soup that was so horrid 35 years later I can't bring myself to eat them.....

Cookbook said...

How about mujadara? It's one of my favorite Middle Eastern dish and is pretty simple to make.

Kerry said...

Carrots and lentils sauteed in olive oil?

TheGummaster said...

My Favourite thing to do with Lentils is to make Jane Brody's Favourite Lentil Soup. I just made a batch of it yesterday, in fact!

TheGummaster said...

Oops. Here's a link: http://thyme2cook.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-favorite-lentil-soup.html

Anne At Large said...

Thanks everybody, these recipes look gorgeous! I am so much more excited than I was when I started this little project ;)