Saturday, April 9, 2011

Working On It.

I forgot that the one-room cure is much less overwhelming than the full cure. So, yay! I get to collect inspiration and gather a style tray. But since my budget and room are both teeny, I will likely not be buying furniture for this room so much as organizing and rearranging it. That and I like all the furniture I have, huzzah! So the style tray, while not totally superfluous, is less crucial. But it is optimally inspirational, if I can find some decent office photos that I like. So far, pickings are slim.

So, inspiration. I posted more posters before, but I need to add this one as it is a great color inspiration and I may or may not have just ordered a new frame for it. Again, this is from a festival that I attended. In high school. I had no idea what I was getting into. I just liked Bruce Hornsby. And I still love this poster.
Some closed storage for magazines and miscellaneous crap that won't fight with everything else would be nice too. This stuff is tempting as West Elm has just thoughtfully sent me a coupon. But trust that the art will not be black and white.
Also there will be some hiding of electronics, at the very least the router and shredder do not need to be on display for all their aesthetic glory. There is a ton of organizing that will happen as well, and some stuff will disappear completely come yard sale day...

2 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Yes. Quiet storage. I have two Ikea CD boxes stacked on the Expedit in--get this--orange. Why?? Who wants a storage box to catch one's eye? You are definitely on the right track, here. Have all the focus be on your srtwork. I think that would be peaceful and stimulating all at once.

Anne At Large said...

I keep thinking fun colors and patterns are the way to go, and then I remember, they are going to be on my bookshelves. And my books are not arranged by color or anything, so they are their own pattern! I think between them and the artwork I have plenty of color and pattern going on! Let the storage be a bit player.

Although orange does sound fun...;)