Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It Must Be Summer

Because my kitchen is full of free fruit. One of my mom's book club ladies had an overactive apricot tree so she put the word out... After about an hour climbing around in the tree I came home with 32 lbs. of apricots. My mom gets jam for being an enabler. Jam in the style of my grandmother - mostly fruit, not too much sugar, like summer in a jar.

The next stop will be my mother-in-law's peach chutney. With apricots. We'll see how it translates. But I think it's worth trying just because you don't have to peel the apricots. I can't stand peeling peaches.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

wow that sounds yummy!

Alana in Canada said...

Yum! I don't think I have ever had apricot jam.

Anne At Large said...

It's good stuff, apricot jam is tart and the chutney is one of my best so far! I am enjoying being back in orchard country!

Kerry said...

You are so lucky!