Wednesday, December 23, 2009

In Which I Promptly Prove My Last Post Title To Be A Lie


I now have photographic proof of my moderate amounts of Christmas cheer.

There was mistletoe, but it is no longer photogenic. Also snowflake-y candleholders which may spend a lot more than just December out and about because I am currently in love with them. It's the little things, apparently.

The star came, and I love it. My tree may still look a little bare, but I love everything that is on it right now. There are ornaments from my grandmother, my aunt in Arizona, and Matt's aunt in California, among others.

Also, my awesome garlands are wood and look like cranberries. I want about twice as many. And there is one member of the Nutcracker band.

There is also a big pot of this pie-in-process simmering on the stove for Christmas dinner. And the beginnings of a stack of presents all wrapped up to take home with me. The Reno peeps haven't had theirs wrapped yet as they are mostly in the fridge (the gifts, not my in-laws). My favorite paper is the stuff I reused - the red-and-white pattern and the tiny trees. If I could buy the red-and-white stuff I would frame a piece. But it was a little too creased so I used it up.Kiddoes get books or toys, and other non-Reno peeps are getting chutney. But I am fancy so they are getting it wrapped in nice Irish linen dishtowels.

3 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Merry Christmas Anne! All the best to you and Matt.

thefarmersdaughter said...

merry christmas! loved the decor

Anne At Large said...

Thanks ladies, Merry Christmas to you as well!