Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Irrelevant blather interlude


I want her dress. Also her hair. And to pull the dress off, I guess I'd need the body and the peaches-and-cream skin. We always want what we don't have, I guess.

I had a roommate in college with a classic Greek profile, olive skin and a body to die for with masses of gorgeous curly dark hair. One day she told me that she had always wanted hair like mine. I don't even know what hair like mine is, other than boring.

Anyways, point is, I don't think I could pull off bangs this thick with my glasses, and I have been wearing them a lot lately since it has been so smoky out that it sucks to wear contacts. Can you tell I'm procrastinating? No new yard projects started, at least. I've picked out a shade tree for the flagstone area and bought some shoes online (keep your fingers crossed, anyone ever ordered stuff from 6pm.com? It was SO cheap).

Back to it in the a.m. Real posting will resume once this B.S. is all over and done with. There are only so many papers one can read in a day.

3 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Good to hear from you! I hpe you can get that puppy to be soon. What kind of tree did you order?

Alana in Canada said...

ok--obviously the keyboard needs cleaning! That sentence should read: I hope you can get that puppy to bed soon.

(PS, I don't have bangs, because of my glasses either, even though I have a high forehead. Plus, they're too hot--and they wouldn't lie straight anyway....)

Anne At Large said...

The tree will be in the fall, probably late September-ish as that is more optimum planting season. I want a crabapple because the birds will like it and it will be some shade but not get too huge (also my sister has one and it's so pretty).

And I am realizing about the bangs, I don't think I am high-maintenance enough to have them. It was cut them shorter (to have a full-on fringe like in the picture) or be patient and let them grow out, so I think they will be growing out.

Also, new chapter is under control. Yay!