Tuesday, January 13, 2009

PSA (public service announcement)



Holy crap go see this movie while it is still in theaters. It is not worth waiting to Netflix it, it needs the big screen. Go now. I haven't seen a movie this good for a long time. And that absolutely does not do it justice. It is epic, and not like Australia (slightly saggy with gratuitous hot Jackman to keep you interested). It is so full of plot that I basically can't explain it. It has elements of fairy tale but in the old-fashioned (one might say Grimm) sense of the word, and so freaking well done. I promise it is worth your time. The last movie that made this kind of impression on me was Children of Men. But this one is way less of a downer. Visually fantastic and so gripping I was hiding in my turtleneck for half of it, but I needed to know how it ended so I had to watch (yes, from the edge of my seat, most of the time).

Edit: The movie is Slumdog Millionaire, by Danny Boyle, director of Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, neither of which I have seen.

1 comment:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Isn't it amazing?! I knew I had to see it when I started to cry *during the trailer* What a baaaaby!