Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's not my birthday (it's not today)



Where I'm from, a birthday means an excuse to party with friends and family. Here, it meant flowers:



and it meant a fantastic dinner with my sweetie. We went to a cool old restaurant called Rapscallion that specializes in fish - we had crab cakes and this awesome salad with endive and asparagus and the dessert was possibly the best creme brulee I have ever had in Reno. Matt didn't even get annoyed by the posh-ness because it is very old Reno - dark wood, dim and old bottles. He gets cranky when we go to hip urban places because he thinks they're pretentious. Long story.



And it means sushi lunch with my sister on Sunday! She's been working like crazy so it will be fun to see her! She just started a new accountant job and March and April they work six days a week because of tax time. So it will be nice to get to hang out with her. It just means I have to go in to the Co-op early if I am going to take off early. It's become worth it since they've figured out their volunteer system and if you volunteer six hours a month you get 15% off all of your orders. That turns into a really good deal!



But it was yesterday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...I didn't know - Happy belated birthday Annie!

Anne At Large said...

Thanks! It was awesome, even though I had to work ;)

lsaspacey said...

So, are you going to tell us what you wore? (I only ask because of your posts about not going to dress-up occasions)