Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Peeve Meme

What are some of your pet peeves?

My peeve of the day is, when farting around on AT, I find more than three misspellings, grammatical errors or misused homophones. And that's only on The Kitchn. These people are supposed to be professionals and I was under the impression they got paid. Now I remember why I don't go back there very often any more. More time spent on cranking out posts than on quality of posts. I guess that's just what happens when you get a little too big.

P.S. No offense to any bloggers reading this who might be contributors there too ;) it's not you doing it.

2 comments:

drwende said...

Well, you've hit one of my peeves. What else?

Teensy tiny photos that don't embiggen when clicked (not something anyone in my online circle does, but common with dollhouse miniature vendors)...

e-Commerce sites that don't have a way to list all (or at least the first 100 or so) items on one screen...

And that's just what makes me cranky online.

mamacita said...

Amen to both of those. I'm getting pissed off about sites that let you see one or two posts at a time, and make you keep clicking through to additional pages. I know that advertisers want to know page views, but they're not stupid -- they can see your site and handicap you for pageviews, you know.