Friday, October 24, 2008

Memeity Meme

The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred (from here):

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.

1. Venison (does elk count?)
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (Iprefer pakoras)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle (only the oil)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes (meh)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas (never again, oh the pain)
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (I can't find the strikethrough command - not if you paid me)
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail (at a Basque restaurant - it was delicious!)
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (um, strike that one too - not that adventurous)
43. Phaal (strike it, it might kill me - NO tolerance for spicy curries here)
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (strike it, eew)
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini (strike this one too, I hate gin)
58. Beer above 8% ABV (round here, they call that barley wine, I believe)
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin (um, I think not so much with the dirt, I got that out of my system when I was 5)
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis (I have always been SO curious about this stuff)
69. Fried plantain (it was soggy, so sad)
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho (made it, it came out WAY too garlicky and I don't say that often)
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini (these are lovely, Matt wanted to have them at our wedding but it would have been way too much $$$)
81. Tom yum (correctly named. Yum)
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (had to try it once, now I know, and I don't think I'd ever order it again)
87. Goulash
88. Flowers (meh)
89. Horse (I might be too weirded out by that one, but hey, if I can eat a bunny once, why not a horsie?)
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab (awesome if properly done)
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish (just ok)
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox (yum!)
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta (I can NOT cook this to save my life. Yummy tho)
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

That's 42, not bad so far. There's not much I wouldn't try except super spicies (I'm guessing the Scotch Bonnet pepper?). I'll usually try anything weird once - in Italy I had arrosto piccione (roast pigeon) and it was lovely, and at a very nice restaurant in Reno I had skate and it was meh.

Who am I tagging? Anybody who wants to, I want to know everyone's hundred!

No comments: