Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sigh. (and Yum!)

Major success on the using-up-the-zucchini front - here are some YUMMY muffins!
  • 2/3 c. oil
  • 2 lg. eggs
  • 2/3 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. honey
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 2 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t/ pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
Grease muffin cups and preheat oven to 375°.

Beat together oil, eggs, sugar, honey and vanilla.

Combine the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the wet ingredients; stirring until blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini.

Fill muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.

This recipe originally called for two kinds of sugar instead of sugar and honey - the extra liquid makes the muffin tops spread out a little while cooking but I didn't want to try and adjust the levels of baking soda/powder (that always intimidates me). However, the tops are my favorite part anyways and they come out so amazingly moist and delicious it is definitely not a problem.

However, I did a nice big round of clean-up in the backyard and got my raised beds all prepped for spring planting. And man, was that depressing. Now they are all cleaned up and ready and neat looking, and I have to wait until MAY to plant anything in them. Sigh.

I also did my good deed for the month (possibly the year), as our friends were cleaning out their massive garage and I went over and helped them so they wouldn't make it on the news for domestic abuse. They have a four-car garage and love to collect stuff. We ended up with a pile of garbage and a pile of donations both bigger than a mini-van.

So today, I did NOTHING. And that's ok by me.

No comments: