Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another quick update (I gotta get better at these titles!)

Just got back last night from the middle of nowhere, Nevada where we got poured on. We did get a large amount of good work done at a very high rate of speed though, I have to say (I carry the sledgehammer). Now that we've hosed off and de-mudded most everything, I get to pack up again for a polar opposite trip: southwest instead of northeast, frivolous instead of productive, and probably even indoor instead of outdoor. Not as exciting but it will be a slightly shorter drive and nice to see my family for a bit.

And I hate to leave my garden again while it's looking so nice, but it is still rainy so I'm not too worried about it. I've got lots of green tomatoes and sprouting seeds and everything I transplanted last weekend is looking totally happy. Almost all of my beans have sprouted and hopefully will start to climb their teepees very soon... I think I need to go take some pictures!


And we end on a song, one that always reminds me of one of my favorite movies - The Matchmaker. Weird weird song, but Sinead O'Connor has such a gorgeous voice and it kind of works for me as the dialogue between her and the Pogues guy.