Friday, March 5, 2010

Whether the Weather.

So I bit the bullet and ordered more decomposed granite. It is supposed to be partly sunny/partly cloudy with a chance of drizzle this weekend and I am going to suck it up and level that back patio area so I can put some pavers down when the weather actually gets decent. Here is the view towards the patio-to-be:



The path is grayish gravel, the river rocks are shades of gray too, so I am wondering if I should use gray pavers so it will all match. This article is my main inspiration:

This couple stained their pavers, and it works pretty well for them, but mine will be in a slightly less lush area, so I don't know if I am as enamored of the greens they use. The gray would go with the rest of the stone but look kind of industrial, but there is a tan color too. It won't "match" but it might blend better with the rest of the garden. Thoughts? Fancy pavers or flagstone starts at anywhere from $2-5 per square foot so I want to make the basic stuff work as it is the best option, budget-wise (the cheapest option would be a really thick layer of decomposed granite but I got some patio furniture and I don't want it to sink in. Also I don't want to track it in the house, so that's out).

Edit: Best Guests Ever helped me truck all that decomposed granite into the backyard. Now I just need to level it and edge it and I can order some pavers!

2 comments:

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

what a lovely patio, hope you have a great week!

Anne At Large said...

Thanks, you too!