Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On Being A Grown-Up

There is no quicker way to make me flash back to junior high than to pop some retainers in. And guess what I did yesterday. When you wore braces and retainers for years and then stopped wearing them, with time, your teeth are likely to migrate all over the place.

I thought I could just go get some of those fancy Invisalign things or something, but entertainingly enough, insurance doesn't cover any fancy orthodontics once you're over 19. So if I had a kid, they could have orthodontics, but I get to pay cash. So I just got some nice shiny new retainers (for literally 1/10 the cost of the fancy shmancy stuff). And MAN is my face sore after wearing them for one night. This is where I need to be a grown-up about this shit though. The more I wear them, the better they will work and the faster this will stop sucking. Gaah!

2 comments:

Robin said...

If you wait long enough and your teeth could fall out and then you could get a rockin set of dentures.....just a thought.....maybe not.

Anne At Large said...

And I'm sure my new crappy insurance would fail to cover those too... thanks for the suggestion though ;)