Sunday, October 4, 2009

Brandied Pumpkin Pie Recipe (I know it's too late for Emma, but maybe somebody else can still get some use out of it)

I figured I should post something less complicated than last weekend's recipe just to balance it out. This one is simple but you do get bang for your buck! I'm not a big crust person so I have no problems making this in a premade crust. Let me know if you need a crust recipe.

2 eggs
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
2/3 c. brown sugar
2 T. cognac or other brandy
1/4 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/4 t. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375F. Whisk together all of above ingredients until combined. Pour into pie shell. Cover edge of pie crust with foil so it doesn't burn. Bake 25 mins. and remove foil, then bake 25 more mins. or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool and eat. Whipped cream is a nice addition...

Easy stuff is nice to cook too. No picture, because I won't be making this until I have people over to eat it or I will eat it all by myself!

Edit: I still want more answers for the question in my last post... help me out here people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't i already mention you should be a call-girl?

also, i'll get back with you on some great halloween costume ideas.

*zing*
love ya, A(iR)!

Anne At Large said...

Didn't I already mention that every other female in Reno dresses as a cal-girl for Halloween? Or at least a slutty *fill-in-the-blank* (slutty nurse, slutty zombie, I don't even want to think about this).

I am thinking if I can pull off the hair I am going to go as Lucy and make Matt go as Ricky. It's a project.

Anonymous said...

haha - it's never too late to make another one! I will before the end of October, for sure. Thank you for sharing!