Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lazy Lazy Lazy

Since I am too lazy to fill everybody in on my exciting life since getting back from Vegas (which should have included WAY more in the nap dept.) instead, here is my Halloween costume rundown:



I haven't found a suitably tiny toy gun yet, but the hat is even more awesome and has a veil (and a tiny brooch from my grandma in the shape of a gold spider) and the stockings have cuban heels and a back seam just to look retro. The rest is basically a skirt suit with a fluffy blouse so the hat and stockings kind of do the work for me (the shoes and bag are placeholders/daydreams).
That is the goal hairdo. I think it is doable. So what do you think? Will I achieve my aims of looking charmingly attractive without a. freezing my ass off or b. falling into the trap of the sexy/ slutty fill-in-the-blank costume? The goal is more this instead of this. What would be perfect would be to top it off with some little gloves and a cigarette in a holder but I am on a time crunch here and now I need to find a fedora and some suspenders for Matt...

5 comments:

The Management said...

That is awesome and sexy in a classy kind of way.

Anonymous said...

it doesn't HaveToBe a toy gun, you know...just putting that out there.

but yeah, damn sexy (only unlike admin who's only thinking of do-ing someone who's wearing that, i'm looking at lines and silhouettes, because, you know, faggy).
you'll have to post pix!

The Naked Redhead said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my post on The Secret Society of List Addicts today. Your suggestion for a Halloween costume was spot on...I decided this evening that Louise Brooks is definitely the way to go. Now, I just gotta run to the thrift store to see what kind of 30's type goodness I can drum up. Happy Halloween!

The Naked Redhead
www.thenakedredhead.com

Anne At Large said...

Glad you boys approve! I will post pictures if I get any decent ones...

Sarah, I'm so glad you're going with Louise Brooks, I'm sure that you will look awesome!

brite said...

Isn't that Veronica Lake? Hope you 'knock em dead' har har!Looks like a great costume though..have fun!