Friday, May 30, 2008

Wende's Meme (instead of pictures which I still haven't taken)

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Summer of '98 I would have been bumming around after high school ended for the summer, working out a lot and going to my part-time job at the teddy-bear store (none of that build-your-own crap, this was a high quality place with the most incredible hand-carved dutch doors covered in dancing bears with a forest full of stained glass bears in the windows. They didn't kid around).

2. Five non-work things to do on my list today:
a. doctor's appt. this a.m. (done!)
b. pick up Rx at drugstore (not yet)
c. clean out the trunk of my car (still got a bike rack in there, my bike is currently not functional)
d. dinner with the neighbors (Golden Flower again, nothing's better than pho when you're feeling poorly)
e. type up the upshot of a discussion about my thesis with one of the people on my committee (two of my committee members are on completely opposite sides of the fence when it comes to how to analyze my data, I am trying to placate both of them, bleah).

3. Snacks I enjoy:

Lately, the store has been carrying rosemary ciabatta and all I want is to eat it slathered in butter. Not so good. Snacks I have been working on liking with a moderate success level, weirdly enough, apples and cauliflower. Well, not weird so much as random, I guess.

4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:

Honestly? Retire somewhere in the Portland, OR area in a little Craftsman bungalow where I could grow rhododendrons successfully and get back into things like quilting. Also, a HUGE endowment for the Biology dept. at my old college, they could use it and they were awfully good to me for four confused years.

5. Places I have lived:

Los Gatos, CA (born and raised), McMinnville, OR (happy college memories), and Reno, NV (slogging through the evil thesis and distracting myself with WT).

6. Jobs I have held:

Aforementioned teddy-bear store, brief outdoorsy clothing retail, lots of goofy student-y stuff like filing sheet music, horticultural intern (cheap yard labor at a fancy garden), and grad/research associate/intern stuff which I am trying to escape now...


Yes, I used to work here, and yes, they did, at one point, film Dynasty here.

Tag: Susie, SCB, lorijo and Alana (if you haven't already all found it on Wende's page), I want to know!

No comments: