Sunday, May 4, 2008

My first Meme (from Wende)

What accessories do you wear everyday?
My wedding ring. It's this one but just plain diamonds. I mostly wanted something I could wear in the field without worrying about sticky-out bits. Also I like the eternity band idea but this way it looks more like polka-dots.
What is your beauty routine?

Ideally, wash with Cetaphil and then Purpose lotion with sunscreen, followed by Rx acne scar fader from the dermatologist. Then usually Clinique foundation (some perfectly something or other) on the blotchy bits and Benefit Dandelion blush so I don't look like a zombie. Also, whatever I have in my purse on my lips - this can be Burt's Bees lip tint, Benetint or Clinique Almost Lipstick.

What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased?
A pashmina, yesterday. I know they're "out" but I am a scarf whore and it is the perfect shade of green (not too bright, leafy as opposed to limey).

Do you use a dresser, closet, or both?
Both. Dresser is for foldables - t-shirts, sweaters, pants and misc. Closet is for dressy clothes and outerwear.

What type of earrings are in your ears right now?
None, I just got out of the shower. Normally if I remember I like dangly earrings on hooks, I lose the backs of posts too often and hoops just aren't my style.

Do you wear glasses?
Yes. Also contacts, more glasses now that I finally found a decent style for my face, more contacts in the summer though so I can wear my sunglasses.

Do you wear makeup?
Yes, see above. Mostly Clinique, Benefit or Neutrogena.

What is your favorite perfume?
I don't really like perfume, however, the Body Shop sells a product that smells like Spiced Chai Tea and I love it. I just usually get it in lotion form. I don't like the alcohol-smell of most perfumes.

Is your motto “quality over quantity” when it comes to clothing and accessories?
Not as much as it should be. I like Banana Republic and J. Crew as I think they are respectable quality but I will not buy anything from them for full price. I am a sale rack raider and it has gotten me in trouble sometimes (especially trying to buy pants - optimism and a final sale, no return policy has bitten me in the butt recently).

Do you wear rain boots?
Nope, ask me about snow boots though.

Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold?
Of course, sometimes both. Our house is freezing.

Do you have a set of travel luggage?
I guess it's technically not a set since it
doesn't match. But I have a carry-on with wheels, a carry-on backpack, and a big rolling bag with wheels. We have relatives that we like to visit in cold places and while I like not checking bags, when it's northern England for two weeks in January, I will give in and check a bag just so I can have lots of warm layers. Not for a week or less though.

If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress?
Nope, and my dress was short, princess-y and chartreuse. It wasn't a veil-y type occasion.


Do you wear a watch?
Not as often as I'd like. I got one for Christmas and I love it but I still forget to put it on.

Do you prefer zippers or buttons?
Zippers, really. Button-up shirts tend to look odd on me and button-fly pants are really just a cruel joke.

2 comments:

zooza said...

Are Benefit cosmetics as good as they look? I've been tempted to get some Benetint and the Dandelion Blush, but there aren't any shops that sell it round here so I would need to get it by mail order and hope it's good.

Also, I'm curious to know which type of 'field' your wedding ring is suitable for. (Just being nosy!)

p.s. Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anne At Large said...

I have been suckered a time or two by the pretty packaging, but the Dandelion blush seems to last fairly well and is a very healthy-looking color on my fair skin. Benetint can be very bright on both cheeks and lips, I will layer it with another color on my lips just to help the overall color last but it's kind of my evening, going-out type makeup so it's got more color than pretty much anything else I use. It's not cheap but I am actually using both of mine up, which I don't do with a lot of makeup. I'd risk it if you're feeling like splurging a bit on yourself and make sure they've got a good return policy in case it's totally wrong for your skin tone.

The "field" is what is honestly referred to as fieldwork - going out into the desert/mountains of central Nevada and surveying things and hiking around and taking samples of soils and plants. My husband has a lot of coworkers with huge rocks on their fingers and neither of us really like the ostentatious look so when I found this design we decided it was perfect - still sparkly and something I would be proud and happy to wear forever but not too showy.

And thanks for the welcome! I never realized how exciting this whole comments thing can be!