Thursday, August 6, 2009

Firsts!

Tuesday night was my first time ever making chutney! I drove up to my mother-in-law's place with my jars and we hung out and peeled peaches for what seemed like hours (22 lbs. of peaches is A LOT, we made just under a quadruple batch), and then I argued with my father-in-law about religion and agreed with him about politics while it simmered(it's not hard to agree with people about Nevada politics, we've got a lot of running jokes that keep running for office). So if I am generous, some people might get chutney for Christmas...

And last night was my first time ever doing yoga! It was a little bit pricey but there were THREE PEOPLE in the class. So I got to get my positions fixed (or complimented) by the teacher directly. I really liked the teacher, she was really helpful (and not intimidating at all, which is a biggie). So hopefully this will stick, as I felt really good afterward, and so far am only a little bit sore. We are supposed to go again on Saturday. So I just need to find a shirt that won't fall over my head during downward dog.

3 comments:

drwende said...

Chutney!

That's what I should do with the extra nectarines rather than jam... maybe... I like making chutney.

Anne At Large said...

It was really fun, other than all the peeling. I highly recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Yum!