Friday, August 7, 2009

Of The Old School

The little kid from Third Rock From The Sun is all grown up.


I had a total crush on him when he was on that show, I was probably 14 (and so was he). He has aged darn well. He's also got the perfect build for dancing in a suit that is a little bit baggy. Some people need to dance in properly fitting clothes (i.e. Gene Kelly) but some people look better with a little movement in their clothing when they dance (i.e. Fred Astaire).

And that song is adorable. I am highly tempted to go see their movie now. Apparently I am exactly their target market.

Edit: for Alana - he was the kid with the long hair.

6 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

That was cool.

Ebert gave the movie a good review. Apparently it plays with time and sequence...as well as unrequited love.

I saw about 5 episodes of Third Rock. I have a hard time figuring out exactly who this guy was, though.

Anonymous said...

I agree - he's gorgeous! But don't you think he looks a lot like Jeremy Piven? What's the movie called?

Anne At Large said...

I don't see the Jeremy Piven, maybe it's the hair? Alana, he's Joseph Gordon-Levitt and he was the little kid on Third Rock. The movie is 500 Days of Summer and I am fairly certain I will end up catching it on DVD as Matt would never go see it with me ;)

WendyB said...

I'm so amazed to see THAT KID again. Wow! I have to see this movie, my stepdaughter loved it.

lsaspacey said...

I saw it this weekend. Loved him, then and now! Movie was good, but I had some problems (little ones). If you liked him then, you will definitely love this movie. He is adorable, their clothes are great, and the soundtrack is incredible! Go by yourself if you have to.

lsaspacey said...

Oh by the way, I'm blogging about it Tuesday (it's already scheduled).