Friday, August 28, 2009

Who'd a Thunk It?

I watched my dad eat a turkey burger tonight. He is a steak kind of guy. I was going to make him a regular burger but he said don't worry about it. My secret? 1. Dice some onions and saute in olive oil until soft. 2. Mix them in with your raw turkey. 3. Add a hefty pile of Harris Ranch barbecue seasoning (cheater!) 4. Grill. Feeds toddlers and meat-eaters alike.

Sorry for the light posting this week, I've been preparing mentally and house-ally for my sister to come stay with her two boys, ages 4 and 6. We did pretty well with sidewalk chalk and a movie, but I have to make it through two more days. With their cousin's birthday party. Thus, small kids and SUGAR.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM, sounds great! Granted, I'm not a steak kinda person and eat a lot of turkey, but at this local burger place, where you think the real beef burgers would be better, I LOVE their turkey burgers. THanks for the spicy tips!

Alana in Canada said...

4 and 6? Boys? Outside. A LONG LONG walk--with sticks and pails (for capturing and scewering all sorts of interesting bugs). Have you a pond nearby? There's bugs in the ponds too. Have a net-type thing and sccop them out and look. Great stuff.

Have fun!

Anne At Large said...

plangal, hope you try it, the sauteed onions make a huge difference!

Alana, it has been alternately hot as blazes out or incredibly windy. I have gotten to hear more Star Wars cartoons than I ever wanted to (we only brought outside toys! nobody told us it was hot out in the desert in August!)